Any Readers Good w/Sound?

In a bit I will be posting the newest commentary track, and like the others, it would have gone up two hours earlier if I knew what the hell I was doing when it comes to filtering it so it sounds good. Granted it sounds better now than the original recording, but a. I'm sure it can be even better and b. it takes a lot of time-consuming trial and error to get it that way, and of course I always forget what I did when it comes time for another. So if any readers are or know someone who is a whiz with that sort of thing, please contact me (frightreviews at the gmail) if you are willing to take a small sample of one of my recordings, make it sound good, and then tell me what I can do to achieve a similar result for the whole piece. I use Cool Edit Pro (version 2.1 I believe) but I also have Adobe Audition if that's better/easier (I've never used it). Thanks in advance!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brian--

    I run The House of Commentaries at Zarban.com, the fan commentary aggregator. Your sound isn't too bad. (I've listend to a lot worse.) I used Audacity to do a bit of noise reduction and bass boosting on your "Friday the 13th 8" track and posted it on my site (follow my comment profile link to get to the page and click the Direct Download button). I suspect you're using a dynamic microphone like the Logitech desk mike I started with. That picks up sound from every direction, so you need to have it very close to your mouth, about 2 inches away. (You may need to turn down the sensitivity in your software to avoid overwhelming the mike, and speak past it to avoid popping.) Of course, for best results, record in a quiet room. And last would be to upgrade to a condenser mike like the Samson Co1u (about $75); they're more directional and richer-sounding. Thanks for providing these commentaries!

    ReplyDelete

Movie & TV Show Preview Widget

Google